Related Results

07 May 2011

Radiohead Album Art | Part 2

Radiohead
The King of Limbs (2011)
1653px x 1477px / 4.85 MB

Radiohead
Supercollider / The Butcher Single (2011)
1858px x 1860px / 876 KB

Radiohead was one of the first few groups I made a post for here on the blog. Part 1 contains all of their studio albums up through In Rainbows, but they've released a new album (and single) since then!

The King of Limbs was released on 18 February 2011 and since then this album has really grown on me. The reviews are somewhat mixed because I don't think this album is what anybody expected after In Rainbows. Supercollider / The Butcher is a single that came out on 16 April 2011 (Record Store Day!) and contains 2 tracks: "Supercollider", a song that debuted on tour in 2008, and "The Butcher", a song that was left off of The King of Limbs.

I really enjoy the artwork for The King of Limbs and I think it absolutely fits the album -- haunting, ethereal. I appreciate Supercollider / The Butcher's artwork as well, but I'm a sucker for simplicity. So, what do you guys think of these latest efforts from Radiohead?

8 comments:

  1. Great art, absolutely amazing. Love it. tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the minimalistic cover of Supercollider / The Butcher better.

    So far I can't seem to get into the new album. I played In Rainbows non stop for months, but I'm really struggling with King of Limbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Butcher one is actually pretty damn freaky. Not that King of Limbs isn't...

    ReplyDelete
  4. very creative covers; matches their music well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. King of Limbs is like Slenderman on acid. Eesh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Supercollider for the clean-cut elegance and simplicity! On the other hand, how I wish King of Limbs would rather have its inlay for cover! As it is, it makes me think of H. P. Lovecraft's shoddy paperbacks ;)

    ReplyDelete