Related Results

06 May 2011

Fleet Foxes Album Art

Fleet Foxes
Fleet Foxes (2008)
900px x 900px / 250 KB

Fleet Foxes
Helplessness Blues (2011)
1600px x 1600px / 718 KB

First of all, I'd like to say I apologize for going AWOL for a while! Some big changes over the past few months have prevented me from dedicating time to this project, but now I'm happy to say that I'm back to so-called "blogosphere" and I look forward to reading your comments and visiting your blogs!

Fleet Foxes are a Seattle-based indie folk band. According to the Wikipedia, "the quintet describes its music as 'baroque harmonic pop jams'", which is really a quite accurate description of their sound.  They've received a lot of praise and critical acclaim, and it's all VERY well-deserved in my opinion. Fleet Foxes are one of my favourite bands these days, mainly because I appreciate their beautiful melodies, complex harmonies, and resonant lyrics.

They just released their second album, Helplessness Blues, on 3 May, and after a few listens I can definitely say I enjoy it as much as their self-titled debut (which is hard to top!). Check them out!

10 comments:

  1. Fleet Foxes are one of the greatest folk bands of today :D and their album art is memorizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome band. Still haven't had a chance to listen to the new one yet. Hopefully I will sometime this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty cool. Never heard of this band though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. never knew it existed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the second one most of all, also I love the music now that you've introduced me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that band. They're even better than their cover art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love indie folk music, it warms the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool, definetly following. This is right up my alley. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. never heard of em. im gonna check em out

    ReplyDelete