Related Results

04 January 2011

Vampire Weekend Album Art

Vampire Weekend
Vampire Weekend (2008)
1350px x 1389px / 195 KB

Vampire Weekend
Contra (2010)
600px x 600px / 303 KB

Vampire Weekend is an indie rock band from New York City that formed in 2006. Since then, they've pumped out two studio albums and a handful of EPs, which have some really great tunes on them. I don't know what I think about their album art, these very plain polaroids... in fact I've seen Contra show up on a list of "Worst Album Covers of 2010" or something like that (you can probably find it with some googling). I guess I like that they're going with something and being consistent with all of their albums so far, but what they're going with doesn't do anything for me. Their album art pretty much sucks in my opinion, but I do enjoy their music.

According to the internet, the cover photo for Vampire Weekend is a Polaroid picture from one of their early shows in Columbia University, and the cover photo for Contra was taken in 1983 (by photographer Tod Brody) and was chosen as a juxtaposition to the debut album's cover which, while taken in 2006, looks as if it "inhabits the same world".

Anyways, what do you folks think? Have you heard of these guys before?

31 comments:

  1. I dig their catchy songs and their drummer is pretty rad, so I can't hate on these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never herd of them but the name is very intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of them before you lost me at indie.. too bad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really like their music, but A-punk has a catchy melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll look this group up. Thanks for mentioning them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna have to use some of these on my i-pod now. Thanks for finding me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well i havent heard of them before but wanna check'em now. i dont think i can say anything nice about their covers though

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ofcourse I haven't heard of these guys either ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. The girl on the Contra album cover was hot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Their band name sounds really cool :) I agree that their album covers kind of suck, but since you're a big fan of their music I'll try listening to them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anamanaguchi use the picture from Vampire Weekend for one of their album covers. They give her the "deal with it" glasses, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard they were getting sued by the girl in the 2nd album cover?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Old style photography on that cover..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Giving up the gun has to be my favorite Vampire Weekend song!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of them before. I would be biased against listening to them because of their name, but I'm a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that woman is the sex. i want her to sex me. :D cool blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Polaroid eh? that's pretty retro, i like it

    ReplyDelete
  18. i liked the second one... the look on the girl's face is eerie

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know, I have heard their names alot but I have never listened to any of their songs (at least not to the best of my knowledge). I should probably actually look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't really say i like this kind of music, sorry. First time i hear about them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. reminds me to listen to this band sometimes, i'm all over them now, used to like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with you they could put more into the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not my kind of music but the album artwork is different!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alright band. But I agree about their album art. It's pretty weak.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty good band all right. Their album art reminds me of Abercrombie ads, maybe that's what they're shooting for? They could kick it up a notch though. Following :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Never heard of them, and their covers seem so non-pretentious that I suspect they might be really REALLY pretentious.

    ReplyDelete
  27. indie is my kind of music :) but, never heard for them hm.. will youtube now a little :)

    ReplyDelete