Related Results

30 January 2011

Iron & Wine Album Art

Iron & Wine
The Creek Drank the Cradle (2002)
1425px x 1425px / 2.77 MB

Iron & Wine
Our Endless Numbered Days (2004)
850px x 850px / 388 KB

Iron & Wine
The Shepherd's Dog (2007)
900px x 900px / 993 KB

Iron & Wine
Around the Well (2009)
900px x 900px / 983 KB

Iron & Wine
Kiss Each Other Clean (2011)
1600px x 1600px / 1.04 MB

Iron & Wine is the stage and recording name of American singer-songwriter Samuel Beam. If you like folk music, you absolutely need to check out these albums (start at the beginning of his catalog if you're looking for strictly folk with acoustic instruments). Included above are his four studio albums and one compilation album (Around The Well). His soothing voice and lush melodies will calm you as you are whisked away to simpler times...

I certainly enjoy his album art. The burlap texture and the simplicity of the debut, The Creek Drank the Cradle, is pleasant and reminiscent of times past, just like the music on the album. I really like the color palettes and textures used in the artwork for Our Endless Numbered Days and The Shepherd's Dog. Kiss Each Other Clean is a total departure from the previous album art, but in a lot of ways the album is as well. From the burning barn to the peacocks to the well-dressed bearded man standing in the water, I really enjoy it all, and that cover definitely takes me back to when I was a kid playing with scratch art (you remember those black sheets where you chiseled away to reveal hidden colors beneath?).

What do you guys think of Iron & Wine? Comment below! It's always nice to hear from all of you :]

32 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like these! They have a nice vibe, it kind of gives me an idea of what kind of songs they'd have, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard for him! However, the art is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wavy vibrant grass on Our Endless Numbered Days cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dog one kind of creeped me out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dog looks like it's been speedballin like theres no tomorrow.

    nice blog. following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I'll have to look thru all these gj man
    follow'd support'd

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never heard of I&W, but I'll check it out; looks like something I'd enjoy.
    The art itself is amazing. This is how album art should look like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of this band but their album covers are simply amazing! I'll have to listen to them for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow those are amazing man

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw them on Conan last week. I likey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. never heard this music before...but dig the art work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. I'll have to go check out their music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. never heard them but awesome covers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard of them. I should make a note to listen to them sometime in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  15. never heard of them, interesting artwork tho

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these :D The dog one especially, very Van Gogh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like the "Kiss Each Other Clean (2011)" cover most. it looks like (real) art

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Iron and Wine. I think Shepard's Dog is my favorite album. I really like how they have a sort of indie folk fusion. Good stuff.

    following and supporting

    http://ducks2nucks.blogspot.com/
    http://812photography.blogspot.com/
    http://evanztories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. That art is really really nice, show us some more!!

    http://consumecosts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like these guys nice post

    ReplyDelete
  21. never heard of the guy. more into new age/Celtic music which isn't too big a stretch from folk music. will definitely listen to this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing artwork man. MORE!

    http://musicnewslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never heard of this guy/band/whatever. But I do believe I've pretty much given up on the art being related to the title of the album enough to recognize. Maybe then I can enjoy it better.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Does anyone know who did the cover art for Sheppard's Dog? It puts me in mind of Wolf Kahn.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Does anyone know who did the Sheppard's Dog cover? It puts me in mind of Wolf Kahn.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Does anyone know who did the cover art for Sheppard's Dog? It puts me in mind of Wolf Kahn.

    ReplyDelete