Related Results

24 January 2011

The Beatles Album Art | Part 1

The Beatles
Please Please Me (1963)
800px x 725px / 463 KB

The Beatles
With The Beatles (1963)
800px x 725px / 176 KB

The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night (1964)
1635px x 1485px / 617 KB

The Beatles
Beatles for Sale (1964)
800px x 725px / 396 KB

The Beatles
Help! (1965)
721px x 721px / 56 KB

The Beatles
Rubber Soul (1965)
800px x 725px / 473 KB

The Beatles
Revolver (1966)
3136px x 3168px / 3.32 MB

The Beatles. Icons. Legendary. They may be the most popular musical group to ever exist. They made a lot of albums (with a lot of amazing songs) and between international releases, EPs, live albums, compilations, and remasters, their discography can be very confusing.

From the WIKIPEDIA:
In 1987, EMI and Apple Corps released all of the Beatles' studio albums on CD. With this release, the band's catalogue was standardized throughout the world, establishing a canon composed of the twelve original studio albums as issued in the United Kingdom, as well as the US album version of Magical Mystery Tour (1967), which had been released as a shorter double EP in the UK. All the remaining Beatles' material from the singles and EPs which had not been issued on the original studio albums was gathered on the two-volume compilation Past Masters (1988). On 9 September 2009, the Beatles' entire back catalogue was reissued following an extensive digital remastering process that lasted four years.

So, I've decided to break up The Beatles' official catalogue into at least two parts. Part 1 consists of Please Please Me (1963) through Revolver (1966). Part 2 will consist of the rest of their studio albums (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) through Let It Be (1970)) as well as Magical Mystery Tour (1967) and Past Masters (1988). I may return to The Beatles later with some additional posts that will include live albums and compilation albums, but it will definitely take some time to find all of that album art.

So what do you guys think of The Beatles? I've been meaning to do this update since before I even started this blog, especially since The Beatles catalogue was released for sale on Apple's iTunes in November 2010 and caused a pretty big stir in the news, and I'm very happy that my blog has grown enough that I'm comfortable making this post now! What do you think about their album art up through 1966?

25 comments:

  1. My fiance recently introduced me to more of the Beatles' music, and I'm ashamed I never listened to them sooner. Epic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute X) The guy from Big Bang Theory kind of reminds me of them lol

    Their Help! album cover is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Beetles. My favorite album cover is "Beatles for Sale".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never got in to the Beatles myself. Actually like Julian Lennon for a short time for some strange reason though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sixth one makes my eyes go all over the place x_x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Rubber soul is the best

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite album is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band but in this list I'll go with Revolver :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't hate on the Beatles, although I sure as hell don't worship them either. I do prefer their early stuff to the drugged out wank fest/later stuff. Cover to With The Beatles is pretty cool IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can one not love the Beatles?

    Always loved the iconic With The Beatles shot. Rubber Soul is my favorite Beatles album, though. Love the instrumentation and folk elements. After some herb and acid they really matured and came into their own style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the Beatles. My favourite song is a 40 second composition called "Her Majesty" at the end of Abbey Road (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Srg Pepper for me has to be the best cover....great band

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Beatles! So Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good old stuff. The rest of the music of the late 60s and 70s was pretty crap.

    ReplyDelete
  15. beatles man
    what else can anyone say other than awesome

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi. I just stumbled upon your cool blog!! Can't wait for your next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know they have a lot of albums, and I know they are legendary, but I just think the covers are pretty bland. Maybe it's because in 2011 it's easy to go, "Yeah, we know what you look like guys."

    ReplyDelete
  18. That photo of them on Beatles for Sale is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love them, but who doesn't? :)

    Funfact: did you know that on the cover of the Help! album they actually aren't spelling "help" but "nujs"? True story.

    Following and supporting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yeah. the beatles are some kind of legend and have some nice artwork aswell

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beatles = legendary. Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. All of their album covers are amazing. I think my favorite is Klaus Voorman's line drawing/collage for Revolver-it always seemed rather dark to me and there's so much going on to absorb and take in. Sgt. Pepper's is over-lauded at times, but that cover must have looked ingenious in 1967. Abbey Road's photo is a brilliant representation of how different they looked and acted at the end of their career-they're not even noticing each other. And a weird fact-that Beetle in the photo recently was sold for a lot of money.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never been into their album art, and only certain select songs. My favorite album is probably the only one I've ever own. The White Album.

    ReplyDelete