Related Results

03 January 2011

The Bad Plus Album Art

The Bad Plus
Motel (2001)
944px x 960px / 720 KB

The Bad Plus
These Are the Vistas (2003)
500px x 500px / 138 KB

The Bad Plus
Give (2004)
500px x 500px / 60 KB

The Bad Plus
Suspicious Activity? (2005)
500px x 500px / 54 KB

The Bad Plus
Prog (2007)
600px x 596px / 99 KB

The Bad Plus
For All I Care (2008)
1425px x 1425px / 837 KB

The Bad Plus
Never Stop (2010)
800px x 794px / 117 KB

I'm back from some holiday business, so I figured I'd start off this week with an update I've been meaning to post for a while! The Bad Plus are a jazz trio from Minneapolis, consisting of pianist Ethan Iverson, bassist Reid Anderson, and drummer Dave King. Not only do they perform their own original music, they also perform jazz combo covers of a wide variety of music from Black Sabbath to Aphex Twin.

Have you guys heard them before? What do you think of the album art? Personally, I really dig the old family photo type shot with the LEGOs on the TV set that they selected for the cover of For All I Care. Their cover of Aphex Twin's "Flim" is awesome, and is the song that originally got me into them. All 3 musicians are incredible, and I enjoy all of their music, though it can get quite chaotic and maniacal (in a good way?) at times.

16 comments:

  1. i like that astronaut one

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool blog design :D
    followin you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! It seems like you're just as anal about your music library as I am. I just finished putting the final touches on mine, as it stands I have like 2600 albums, all with high res album art.

    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hey...thanks for your "jeans" comment :) (nice)

    xoxo
    http://mar-iza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of them before, but I looked up some of thier stuff and it seems pretty good. Not really my cup of tea, though, so I'll steer clear.
    Their album art is pretty eclectic, with a good mix of styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Ive never heard of them either, the art looks practical or common of the genre and time

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see how the first four or five are sort of related in style, or at least seem to be from the same band, but the last two/three don't match as much lol. But they're all pretty cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. last two photo covers are pretty rad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great album art. I like these guys a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well now, based off your words and those cover arts, I might just have to check some of this out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the second one is the coolest to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I've heard them or heard of them before :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've never heard of them before and their album covers remind me of a prog rock band more.

    ReplyDelete