Related Results

16 December 2010

Radiohead Album Art | Part 1

Radiohead
Pablo Honey (1993)
584px x 581px / 129 KB

Radiohead
The Bends (1995)
500px x 500px / 175 KB

Radiohead
OK Computer (1997)
1660px x 1472px / 332 KB

Radiohead
Kid A (2000)
600px x 600px / 114 KB

Radiohead
Amnesiac (2001)
600px x 600px / 39 KB

Radiohead
Hail to the Thief (2003)
600px x 600px / 243 KB

Radiohead
In Rainbows (2007)
494px x 494px / 398 KB

Radiohead. One of the greatest bands of all time, for sure (in my opinion, at least). Somebody mentioned how similar Kid A's cover is to Minus the Bear's Planet of Ice on the Minus the Bear post, and I couldn't help but do a Radiohead update.

You have most likely heard Radiohead's music before, so there's not much reason to go into extreme detail describing how great (and DIFFERENT!) each of their albums are, but trust me, if you haven't listened to at least all of OK Computer, Kid A, Hail to the Thief, and In Rainbows, then you're wrong. OK Computer is an album that I can always go back to and listen to when I need it, which is often. By the way, Radiohead recently released remastered 2-disc versions of a few of their albums (you can look it up online), which all sound really spectacular. There are melodies and voices in there that I had never heard before on the original mixes, and there is a new clarity to the sound that I really enjoy.

Are there any Radiohead fans out there reading the blog here? What do you think of their music or the artwork?

11 comments:

  1. I agree with you, for me Radiohead is one of the best bands, my favorite is creep by a huge difference

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Radiohead. Their albums are quite snazzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pablo Honey, OK Computer, and Kid A were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap. First off, I came here because I saw your comment on my blog. Then I come here and find out it's dedicated to high res art for your iPod because that's what you want/need/like. You have no idea how much it bothers me if I don't have the best looking picture for the album art on my iPod/iPhone. I've spent hours redoing all my album art on my devices and I'm still not done. I think this was blogger-fate that brought our blogs together.

    Thank you SO much for these, especially since I love Radiohead with a deep, deep passion. I was lucky enough to see them live and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to (a title only shared with Gorillaz and Moby). I can't wait for their newest album. Right now I'm stuck on Hearing Damage from Thom Yorke. Brilliant song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Radiohead is one of my favorite bands. What I love about them is none of the band members overpower each other with their playing. They meld into each others playing to paint music :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The album art matches the talent and beauty of one of the greatest bands of our generation. Even In Rainbows (which I didn't like as much as other albums in all honesty) has a breathtaking album cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Album art-wise, my favourite is definitely Kid A, but music wise it has to be In Rainbows :)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to hold a grudge against radiohead because i'm retarded and juvenile and....longstory short I don't hate them anymore and actually dig most of what I hear (from friends and stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Second, third and fourth albums are absolutely flawless. Very talented group of guys, despite Thom Yorke being an absolute twat.

    I really like the Kid A artwork :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. really sweet artwork on these albums. theres some crazy connections between a lot of the radio head albums, hidden covers and stuff. Il find the article and post, its quite interesting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stanley Donwood is the artist. Did Thom Yorke's solo album too. He is one of the reasons I still buy physical product! http://www.slowlydownward.com/

    ReplyDelete