Related Results

19 December 2010

Pretty Lights Album Art

Pretty Lights
Taking Up Your Precious Time (2006)
1000px x 1003px / 944 KB

Pretty Lights
Filling Up The City Skies (2008)
1147px x 1123px / 435 KB

Pretty Lights
Passing By Behind Your Eyes (2009)
1996px x 1996px / 1582 KB

Pretty Lights
Making Up A Changing Mind (2010)
1528px x 1528px / 775 KB

Pretty Lights
Spilling Over Every Side (2010)
800px x 800px / 681 KB

Pretty Lights
Glowing In The Darkest Night (2010)
1528px x 1528px / 254 KB

Pretty Lights is an electronic trip hop project from Derek Vincent Smith. First of all, I've included links if you would like to buy any of his albums from Amazon, but you really shouldn't do that, as all of the music is available for download on his website, Pretty Lights Music. You should really donate whatever money you can when you download from his website, as all of the money goes directly to the artist and it's a way to show somebody who's generous enough to share their talent with the world FOR FREE that you like what they're doing and are willing to support them. I couldn't afford to donate much when I first started listening to them (and I absolutely wouldn't be able to now lol), but I donated what I could because I fully support that business model and what it stands for.

I enjoy Pretty Lights' music and I especially enjoy the album art for the 3-part 2010 release (Making Up A Changing Mind, Spilling Over Every Side, Glowing In The Darkest Night) because they're so sci-fi and... strange, haha. Have you guys heard of Pretty Lights before? What do you think?

24 comments:

  1. Looks pretty spacey! I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to check this project out! I love trip hop :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The albums were better in the beginning imo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will check them out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how simple they are because they communicate a message so clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have an awesome old-school science class illustration feel to them, too cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol u think we could get some ghetto old skool punk albums, like the subhumanz or something cool. those were classy album covers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bart, I'll see what I can do. So far I've just been starting with stuff I've already had saved on my computer from dealings with mp3s, but I'm definitely up for requests

    ReplyDelete
  9. those covers have a pink floyd feel... interesting blog, great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Passing By Behind Your Eyes has the greatest image in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these covers are kinda trippy. Me like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Spilling Over Every Side the most, pretty abstract.

    ReplyDelete
  13. look simply and complicate too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. album artworks are great

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is probably the coolest collection of album art that I've seen from one band. Definitely going to check 'em out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. those are some pretty majestic covers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That kind of sci-fi art from like, the 70's, gives me the shivers. I had lots of books with that kind of stuff as a kid. Fucking nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These album covers are actually pretty reminiscent of old science fiction novel cover art. Particularly: anything by Frank Herbert, Robert Heinlein, and Isaac Asimov

    ReplyDelete
  19. anybody know who did the art?

    ReplyDelete
  20. where can i get an album poster? I love these albums but cant find any posters

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these album covers, but i cant find any posters anywhere. Does anyone know where to buy one of these?

    ReplyDelete