Related Results

20 December 2010

The Lonely Island Album Art | Part 1

The Lonely Island
Incredibad (2009)
600px x 600px / 176 KB

The Lonely Island is a comedy troupe made up of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, and Jorma Taccone. They really blew up with a few popular bits on Saturday Night Live and then released Incredibad in 2009. My favorite part about their music is how well it all works as pop / hip hop music -- if you weren't paying attention to the lyrics, you wouldn't think twice. They've also had some really awesome (and random) guest artists featured on their tracks, which is absolutely hilarious. The artwork is depicting a moment that "happened" in the lives of the three members of the group, which is described on one of the later tracks of the album.

The first single for their upcoming album (2011 release), "I Just Had Sex (feat. Akon)", debuted this weekend on SNL, and the video is certainly "bouncing around the web like a beach ball at a Nickelback concert" as it's gotten almost 4 million hits in just a day and a half. I've included the video below, check it out!


20 comments:

  1. The cover and the lyrics of the single are not very creative.. But I have to admit that song is damn catchy! I'm listening to it for the 10th time ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwaha I love them, if only for the mild amusement and Andy Samberg <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! I didn't even know they were launching a cd and didn't even heard any song from them since I'm on a boat. I'm sure going to give this a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They come up the most funny songs ever. They brighten my day >_< with their hilarious songs! I Just had sex song has to be the funniest video of the year lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're right - if you don't pay attention to the lyrics it blends perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO lonley island and akon, i think everyones going to be singing this soon/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog, following and supporting

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Weird Al can make it big these guys should have no trouble at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, that cover aint bad but I would have to disagree with Vapor, Weird Al is one of the best artists of all time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been a fan of comedy and music mixed together, and I was driven up the wall by my friends who wouldn't stop playing "like a boss" and "I'm on a boat", but I have to admit they can write some catchy tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome song with awesome lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post! supportin :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had sex is the greatest hyperbolic phrase ever uttered.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard of them, cheers for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jessica Alba @ the 2:25 mark just validated me watching that.

    ReplyDelete