Related Results

24 December 2010

Led Zeppelin Album Art | Part 3

Led Zeppelin
Boxed Set (1990)
600px x 600px / 252 KB

Led Zeppelin
Boxed Set (1990) - Disc I
600px x 600px / 98 KB

Led Zeppelin
Boxed Set (1990) - Disc II
600px x 600px / 83 KB

Led Zeppelin
Boxed Set (1990) - Disc III
600px x 600px / 96 KB

Led Zeppelin
Boxed Set (1990) - Disc IV
600px x 600px / 93 KB 

Led Zeppelin
Remasters (1990)
1600px x 1590px / 953 KB

Led Zeppelin
Boxed Set 2 (1993)
600px x 532px / 203 KB

Led Zeppelin
The Complete Studio Recordings (1993)
883px x 700px / 87 KB

Led Zeppelin
Early Days (1999)
600px x 587px / 127 KB

Led Zeppelin
Latter Days (2000)
600px x 600px / 96 KB

Led Zeppelin
Early Days & Latter Days (2002)
600px x 520px / 289 KB

Led Zeppelin
Mothership (2007)
1491px x 1491px / 490 KB

Led Zeppelin
Definitive Collection (2008)
338px x 338px / 14 KB

Here it is, as promised: Part 3 of the Led Zeppelin album art. Part 3 covers all of the Led Zeppelin compilations released throughout the years, and even includes the covers for the 4 discs of the 1990 Boxed Set.

I definitely think the album art from Part 1 (studio albums) is the best album art that Led Zeppelin has to offer, which makes sense, because those were the albums that the band members were actively involved in deciding what art to use, and those were the albums that were made while the band was together and all of the members were living. Still, there are a couple good covers from Part 2 (live albums) and Part 3 (compilations). In this update, I'd have that I like the crop circle photo with the zeppelin shadow across it that they used for Boxed Set and Remasters. Disc IV in the 1990 Boxed Set is also a cool photo (the one with the symbol dug out of sand and partially filled with ocean water). The NASA imagery on the Early Days and Latter Days covers is also pretty neat. Other than that, I think the covers are a bit uninspiring, but I supect (at least for a couple of the bigger multi-disc collections) that there is some pretty cool stuff in the album booklet and extra materials.

There have already been a lot of comments on the other Led Zeppelin posts, which is awesome! What do you guys think of these?

37 comments:

  1. i just now got that led zeppelin stood for like the zepplins in the sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Led Zeppelin frenzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this settles it. my 2010 christmas eve soundtrack is led zeppelin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the covers of the first boxed set. Would be cool to actually own it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the crop circle cover, definitely my favorite... Great series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Epic albums!

    http://worldofhalflife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may not like their music but I love their art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Mothership cover better than the rest. It's probably because of my love of the red/cream colour combo. And it's deliciously high-res, too. Looks like xmas came early... err, right on time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a lot of Zeppelin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. always loved that remasters cover

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to re-listen to all their albums. At certain points in my life I just need things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice. more zeppelin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I kinda prefer the album covers that include pictures of the band...they seem more personable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. keep up the good work rick!, just wanted to let you know i added you to my top supporters page =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i also like the mothership cover over others too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't really know what their song, but it must be great since they've a lot of fans:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. great post, and they are great too

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't get enough of Led Zeppelin, Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't go wrong with Led Zeppelin!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beeing a fan of the zeppelin is to be a fan of the music

    ReplyDelete
  21. They've always had amazing art =]

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Definitive Collection and Mothership are my favorites. Early Days & Latter Days... let's say I don't dig it

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are Artists typed with capital A. They created many great albums with covers fulfilling their great works.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like that, very simple, yet effective

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great man just great, You really cant go wrong with Zeplin's art

    ReplyDelete
  26. Led Zeppelin is grreat if you are in to that old school rock. Not me personally but kinda cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I got to listen to some Zeppelin this past week because my mom has satellite radio in her new vehicle. I think that's the only time I enjoyed driving in the past week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love Led Zeppelin. They do have some very iconic album covers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. why don't they make album covers like these anymore...why?? why??? in god's name why???

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice, where do you get stuff like this from?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I always liked the remasters cover art a lot

    ReplyDelete