Related Results

22 December 2010

Led Zeppelin Album Art | Part 1

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin (1969)
600px x 594px / 89 KB

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin II (1969)
600px x 600px / 83 KB

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin III (1970)
600px x 600px / 367 KB

Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin IV (1971)
600px x 598px / 90 KB

Led Zeppelin
Houses of the Holy (1973)
600px x 600px / 117 KB

Led Zeppelin
Physical Graffiti (1975)
600px x 597px / 99 KB

Led Zeppelin
Presence (1976)
450px x 450px / 31 KB

Led Zeppelin
In Through the Out Door (1979)
600px x 594px / 111 KB

Led Zeppelin
Coda (1982)
600px x 594px / 73 KB

Led Zeppelin was a legendary English rock band that formed in London in 1968. While my taste in music has changed drastically throughout the years, my appreciation of their music and the pleasure of listening to it has not diminished a bit.

This is Part 1 in a series of 2 parts showcasing Led Zeppelin's album art. Part 1 features all of Led Zeppelin's studio albums and Part 2 will feature their live albums and compilation albums.

A lot can be said about Led Zeppelin's album art, because they made an effort to produce an amazing album, and the album art was part of that.  There were many innovative things they did with their album covers that you can read about on the internet; the one that sticks out the most to me is Led Zeppelin III which you can read about here on the Wikipedia. Physical Graffiti has always held a special place with me as my dad always used to have this CD in his car when I would drive around with him about 10 years ago.  Every one of Led Zeppelin's album covers has a story behind it, which I love.

What do you guys think? I've been getting some complaints about the bands I've been choosing lately, so I figured I'd reel it in a bit and write a post about a band that I know a lot of people love.

41 comments:

  1. I wore these guys out growing up. Good post love the pics.Now following

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I dont even a little bit like led zepplin, im more into japanese touhou music. BUT the album art with the family eating is pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love LZ and their album covers so much ♥ In Through the Out Door is my favorite cover-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it feel like they made these covers while high, most of them looks out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to remember another cover... I'll look it up. It might have been a Europe version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a shame that CD format doesn't allow the album to come with a large print of the album art on the front. I feel like the art was a cool part of Led Zeppelin albums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I discovered Zepplin II when I was in High School myself. Man I listened to that a lot.
    It was amazing on how into album coivers people were back then, now everythings disposible or they download it from iTunes

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite bands ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 1970 cover is pure win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to let the Led out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. not the biggest Zeppelin fan in the world (can't stand Robert Plant's voice) but always marveled a their album covers...and Bonhams drumming. ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. the artwork is as good as their music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this album art is awesome lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yessss these are perfect thank you so much. You're slowly making my itunes epic :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Led Zep will always have a place in my heart, especially IV, from growing up with it. While most of the covers are a little busy, they all tell a story, especially when compared with each other.

    Onto some meta stuff: I think you should post whatever album art you think is interesting. Whenever people air thier views, inevitably some of them will be negative. You're promoting discussion, which is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wtf?! you've been getting complaints about what you post?
    I hope nobody complains about this one. Led Zeppelin's my favourite band. And their album covers are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, I shouldn't have said "complaints" (it's not like people are sending me a bunch of pissed of messages about how much they think MGMT's new album sucks or something haha). There have just been a couple of comments about not liking certain bands, and in the big scheme of things any comment is a good comment, because it means people are out there looking (which I really appreciate!).

    So if you think my taste sucks, feel free to call me out on it (anybody) as long as you keep coming back :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually haven't seen a lot of these album covers. Very cool stuff. I wish more current artists used actual 'art' for their covers, like this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Rick! I must say, you made my day. :)) Your comment made me burst into laughter. lol.

    So, when I saw Led Zeppelin, I was sold! The music is one of a kind and I must confess to not paying attention to the art but I will do so now. Kudos to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. houses of the holy is my favorite album of all time and zeppelin's finest work IMO...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not a popular album, or a noteworthy cover, but I always thought "Presence" was the best album. For purely visual, it's hard to top "Houses Of The Holy".

    ReplyDelete
  22. those albums look great

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the font used on the second one.
    I like your blog, keep posting more album art!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Zeplin has some epic album art

    ReplyDelete
  25. led zepplin is a musical god.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was never that big into the zep, but I do love that album art.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will admit that this is my first time here, so I can't really speak well to everything you have been posting, but Zepplin is amazing and you can't go wrong with them.

    ReplyDelete
  28. hello lovely Rick:)))

    thanks for the "followers ". really very sweet of you:)!

    I like your blog. He inspired me. the pictures and the lyrics are great.

    I follow, too:)

    xoxo
    http://mar-iza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. One of my favorite bands. I like all of their albums, but IV has to be the best.

    ReplyDelete