Related Results

20 December 2010

Discovery Album Art

Discovery
LP (2009)
1350px x 1350px / 338 KB

Taken direct from the WIKIPEDIA: Discovery is the American indie rock, electronic, funk recording project of Rostam Batmanglij the keyboardist from Vampire Weekend and Wes Miles the vocalist from Ra Ra Riot, friends who began recording together in the summer of 2005.

So I have never really listened to any Ra Ra Riot or Vampire Weekend, but the combination of talent from each of those groups has produced a very synthy and chill group called Discovery (which makes me want to hear what the bands these guys are normally with sound like). A friend of mine tipped me off about Discovery maybe a week or two ago and I've been listening to LP pretty hard since then. These are just the types of sounds that appeal to me, and I feel like the color spectrum on the album cover is certainly appropriate for the style of music. Looking at the album art makes me think of an extremely pixelated photo of a sunset over the ocean. Do you think that vibe is intentional or accidental? I'd like to think I'm clever and I "figured it out", but odds are just as good that the band members just liked those colors.

Have you heard them before? I'd recommend checking out "Osaka Loop Line" and going from there (or just listening to the whole CD down if you have the means of doing that).

12 comments:

  1. boring album cover. and them wominz be mice

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex gf loved this shit I thought it was kinda stupid. Weird ass arpeggios going on all the time sounds really dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. unfamiliar with the band, but i like vampire weekend. the cover does look like the sunset over the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of them before! The album cover DOES look like a sunset! And I don't think any artist would just go for a random, meaningless cover.
    Following ya!
    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks that you didn't post their second cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like someone zoomed into something 700% or more haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Second cover? Do you mean like an alternate cover to the LP album, or that they have more than 1 album? I haven't seen anything online indicating that they've put anything else out.

    And yeah, this definitely isn't for everybody, but I know people who enjoy them. To each their own

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cover. Clean and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving it. It's very pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cover art. It looks like it was designed by hand until you look closely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice album art, not a huge fan of the music itself.

    ReplyDelete